COVID-19 has presented us with an unprecedented challenge. Australians are being asked to take measures that we’ve never had to before – things like cancelling travel, not going to concerts and general social distancing.
You may be wondering how this affects your physiotherapy treatment. We at B.A.P continue to offer quality care for our patients. There are many things we are doing as professionals to minimise risk of exposure through rigorous hygiene practices and patient screening to keep you and our staff safe. So, you are welcome to come in for your treatment, subject to our screening processes.
All patients and visitors must continue to register with the Queensland Covid app or QR Code prior to entry to the practice. Please use the sanitiser outside the front entrance before opening the door.
Just to remind us all: People with COVID may experience symptoms such as fever and respiratory symptoms such as coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath. Other symptoms can include runny nose, acute blocked nose (congestion), headache, muscle or joint pains, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of sense of smell, altered sense of taste, loss of appetite and fatigue. To stop the spread of COVID-19 people with even mild symptoms of respiratory infection should get tested. If you have hayfever and this is a common occurrence, please wear a mask anyway.
When you come for your face to face appointment at our practice, everyone must wear a mask. This is because we are uncertain what is going to happen and we need to protect our staff and provide them with a safe work environment.
- If you are double vaccinated, please present evidence of your double vaccination certificate (paper or smart phone) to the reception staff on arrival.
- If you are double vaccinated but have signs of illness (see above but not including a temperature) – you may convert to Telehealth or if you come to the rooms, present your double vaccinated certificate to the reception staff and evidence of a negative Covid test which is dated no older than 72 hours prior to your appointment.
- If you are not double vaccinated, but feeling well – you must be prepared to wear your mask correctly (a good fitting mask and covering your nose and mouth at all times) and social distance. Your physiotherapist may ask you to wear a mask we provide if your mask is not satisfactorily covering your nose and mouth.
- If you are not double vaccinated and feeling unwell (see above) – please convert your appointment to a Telehealth appointment or reschedule your appointment to when your illness has passed.
- If you have a medical exemption for mask or vaccination – you must provide evidence of this and present a clear result of a negative Covid test which is dated no older than 72 hours prior to your appointment.
If you are required to present proof of a negative Covid test but you are unable to do so, then please call us and ask for the consultation to be changed to Telehealth.
If you elect to change, cancel or defer your appointment, please call within 24 hours of your appointment otherwise a late cancellation fee may be imposed.You can manage your appointment here [Appointment Link]
We are operating at different levels of caution regarding Covid.
Stage 1. When there is no community transmission in QLD
Stage 2.When there is active community transmission in Qld and not on the Sunshine Coast
Stage 3. When there is active community transmission in the Sunshine Coast
Stage 2 and 3 requires check in with the Queensland Covid app or QR Code and masks to be worn before entering our clinic.
Hygiene practices include:
- Hand sanitiser outside the front entrance
- We disinfect all treatment surfaces and all equipment after each patient contact or use
- Regularly daily cleaning of reception, toilet, door handles, EFTPOS (Paywave or online payment), chairs, pens (prefer for you to bring your own).
- No Cash
- Infection control policies and procedures as per allied health standards (staff are fully immunised)
Stay safe and well.
The Team at Buderim Advanced Physio
However, if you are in self-isolation or would prefer to minimise contact in any way, you may like to consult with us via Telehealth.
Telehealth uses digital technology that’s readily available on your computer or phone to receive treatment from our physio. It is safe and effective, and our physios are trained to deliver telehealth consultations. Respiratory physiotherapy to improve lung ventilation and rehabilitation is also effective via telehealth.
Our standard consultation via telehealth is on our website. If you would like to talk to us about continuing your treatment through Telehealth, please call us on 0427 986 109.